On December 9, France's Soitec Semiconductor, a global leader in the design and production of innovative semiconductor materials, announced its first half fiscal year 2020 results (as of September 30, 2019) on November 27.
Highlights of the first half of fiscal year 2020:
• Sales of 258.5 million Euros in the first half of 2020, up 30% at constant exchange rates and borders
• Current operating income increased by 23% to EUR 51.3 million
• Electronic products business's EBITDA margin increased by approximately 30.2%, in line with the fiscal year forecast
• 28% increase in net profit to 41.5 million euros
Net cash flow from the electronics business reached 36.2 million euros
Capital expenditures in the first half of 2020 amounted to 51.2 million Euros
• The first half fiscal year of 2020 achieved the full fiscal year financial forecast: sales are expected to increase by approximately 30% at constant exchange rates and borders, and the profit before tax, interest, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of the electronics business is expected to increase by approximately 30%.
Among them, consolidated sales in the first half of 2020 reached 258.5 million euros, an increase of 38.3% over the same period in fiscal 2019. This is mainly due to the strong growth of RF applications, the positive impact of exchange rate appreciation of 4.9%, and the range effect of + 3.3%. This range effect is due to the acquisition of some assets of Dolphin Integration in August 2018, and to a lesser extent The company benefited from the acquisition of EpiGaN in May 2019.
In addition, since the most advanced 4G and first-generation 5G smartphones require more RF applications and more advanced technologies, the market has changed RF-SOI (for antenna devices, antenna tuners, LNA-low noise amplifiers) ( 200-mm and 300-mm) with growing and strong demand. Therefore, Soitec's related business will also be continuously promoted and developed. At the same time, the first half of the fiscal year also witnessed the application of the "first wave" of FD-SOI products in various IoT, edge artificial intelligence, connectivity, and automotive fields. For other SOI products, such as Photonics-SOI and Power-SOI, they will continue to meet the market's continuous and stable demand.
Soitec CEO Paul Boudre commented: "In the first half of 2020, while the EBITDA margin of the electronics business was maintained at 30%, our sales revenue was 30% organic. Growth, especially thanks to Soitec's RF product line. With the current good performance, we are very much on track to achieve our fiscal year-long financial goals, maintain stable operating cash flows and maintain a healthy financial position. "